Forged rims are most often used on sports and executive cars. The models are characterized by excellent balance, long service life and stylish design.
Forged wheels have a number of advantages:
- High durability. The structure of metal joints reduces the risk of damage from impacts and overloads. Most often, an impact can cause a side cut or a tire blowout, rather than damage to the wheel and suspension.
- Lightweight. Manufacturing features allow you to reduce the weight of rims, which improves the dynamic characteristics of the car. Herewith, fuel economy is about 10 percent if compared with cast wheels.
- Resistance to all kinds of corrosive processes. Aluminum is not subject to corrosion unlike cast metal. Regardless of the type of coating, forged wheels are more resistant to corrosion and chemical agents. Treatment of wheels with anticorrosive compositions is not required. With proper use, the wheels will last a long time, without losing their appearance.
- Comfort. Installation of forged wheels allows you to achieve a smooth ride and avoid imbalance.
- Dynamics. Acceleration is faster, braking distance is 1.5-2.5 meters shorter than with cast wheels.
- Aesthetics. A car with forged wheels looks more presentable, especially in combination with wheels that have a concave effect.
- The possibility of restoration. Forged rims are more resilient than cast ones. If the impact force is higher than the tensile strength, forged rims do not crack unlike cast ones, but only crumple like stamped ones. A dent can easily be repaired with a wheel straightener.
Forged products have a high cost, but their long service life fully justifies the high price.
To ensure comfortable driving and a harmonious look of the car, it is necessary to consider the following parameters of forged wheels:
- Wheel diameter. This parameter determines the driving characteristics, including traction with the road surface. Small wheels allow the car to move quietly and smoothly, allowing it to maneuver well on bumpy roads.
- Mounting bore. Even small variations can cause the wheel to skew, leading to premature rubber wear and the need for camber adjustments.
- The shape of the mounting hole. The mounting hole should be an inverted cone shape or straight cylindrical. Use of other bolts may reduce the steering ability of the machine and cause an accident.
- Wheel offset. Wheel offset affects the wheelbase width. If the offset is less than the value specified in the technical documentation, the wheel will stick outwards, and if it’s more, it will stick inwards towards the car’s body. Choosing the wrong offset can lead to uneven load distribution, rapid suspension wear, and changes in track width.
When choosing wheels, it’s also important to consider driving style. For calm driving, any wheel suitable for your car model can be chosen, while for a sporty driving style, it’s better to choose a model with thin spokes.
Features of Renegade Design forged wheels
- Custom design and manufacturing based on individual parameters, making your wheels completely exclusive.
- Maximum durability and high-quality standards, using high-quality aviation aluminum for manufacturing.
- Quality control at all production stages.
- Choice of color and texture for coating, ensuring a unique appearance that meets your preferences.
- Lifetime warranty on wheels.
Renegade Design offers forged wheels for Porsche, Mercedes Benz, Maserati Levante, Land Rover, Toyota, Audi, BMW, Infiniti, Jeep, Lamborghini, and Rolls-Royce. With a wide network of branches across the country and representatives abroad, delivery is possible worldwide.
Installing our forged wheels can improve your car’s performance by:
- Reducing braking distance.
- Reducing load and extending the service life of the suspension, brake pads, shock absorbers, and tires.
- Reducing fuel consumption.
To improve your car’s aerodynamic characteristics, you can also purchase a set of body kits or individual components. The products are certified and meet the manufacturer’s technical specifications.
If you’re interested in ordering exclusive forged wheels with quality, appearance, and design diversity that can compete with leading global manufacturers, Renegade Design tuning studio can help bring your desires to life! You can select wheels for your car model and calculate their cost using the convenient calculator. If you’re having trouble choosing, our managers can assist you in making a selection and placing an order.